February 13th, 2019
Just some reminders and updates…
It has been brought to my attention that some D.E.P.S students are not wearing their proper uniform. Although I’m lenient in allowing navy t-shirts, navy sweat pants and white shirt, this is only when the uniform company is out of stock in these items. T-shirts with ‘Polo’, ‘Adidas’ or ‘Under Armour’ logos are not acceptable and not part of our school or gym uniform. If any students continue to wear this attire they will receive a uniform infraction and possible detention. Thank you for your cooperation.
Family Day is Monday, February 18th. The school will be closed. Enjoy this special time with your family.
The school is closed March 11th to March 22nd inclusive. We resume classes on Monday, March 25th.
March Break Camp
Registration is underway for our four March Break Camps! We still have space in all camps. If you are interested, please return your registration as soon as possible to allow us to prepare for our camps. Please note that this is not a ‘drop in’ camp. You must be pre-registered to attend. Reminder…our numbers are limited in the Pre-Casa Toddler camp and the Casa 1 camp. Thank you.
Summer Camp Brochures will be distributed soon. There will be a Toddler, Casa 1, and an Elementary camp. If you have any requests /suggestions regarding themes or activities, please come and see me.
The following are the Program Enhancements to date that our students have participated in.
- September 12th Casa 1 – Craft Corner
- October 1st Casa 2 & 3 – Scientists in the School
- October 4th Grades 6-8 – Scientists in the School
- October 10th Grades 1-3 – Live, Love, Life Music
- October 17th Grades 4-8 – Live, Love, Life Music
- October 18th Grades 1-8 – Cross Country Meet
- October 22nd Grades 4/5- Scientists in the School
- October 22nd. Casa 3- library visit
- October 22nd Grade 3 – Library visit
- November 7th – Casa 2 & 3 – Reptilia Zoo
- November 21st – Casa 1 – Library Visit
- November 21st – Grade 6/7 – Library Visit
- November 28th – Casa 2 – Library Visit
- November 28th – Grade 4/5 – Library Visit
- December 5th – Grade 1/2 – The Robert McLaughlin Gallery
- December 12th – Grades 6-8 – The Robert McLaughlin Gallery
- December 12th – Grade 1/2 – Library Visit
- January 16th – Grades 4/5 & 6/7 – Scientists in the School
- January 17th – Casa 1 – Travelling Stage
- January 18th – Casa 2 – Grade 2 – Dental Presentation
- February 6th – Grades 1/2 & 3 – Scientist in the School
The following are the upcoming Program Enhancements:
- March 27th – Grade 1/2 – The Robert McLaughlin Gallery
- April 10th – Grades 1-5 – The ‘Benjamin’ Project
- April 10th – Casa 1 – Travelling Stage
- April 17th – Grades 6/7 & 8 – Scientists in the School
- April 29th – Grade 1/2 – In Your Backyard
- April 29th – Grade 8 – Oak Ridges Moraine C.A.
- May 3rd – Casa 2 – Grade 3 – Beanstock – Oshawa Little Theatre
- May 8th – Casa 2 & 3 – The Robert McLaughlin Gallery
- May 29th – Grade 4/5 – Heber Down C.A. – Whose Habitat is That?
- May 29th – Grade 8 – Heber Down C.A. – Stream Ecology
Report Cards will be issued Friday, February 22nd.
Special Dress down Days
Friday, February 15th will be wear red and white for National Flag Day
Parent/Teacher Interview Night
Parent/Teacher Interview Night is Tuesday, February 26th from 3:45 – 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. Sign-up sheets will be posted in the front foyer on Thursday, February 21st. Please note that the staff needs their dinner break from 6:00 – 7:00 as they have been working since 8:20 a.m. Please note that students are not allowed to be wandering, running in the halls while parents are speaking with their teachers. Thank you.
Re-Registration for 2019-2020
Re-registration letters will be sent home to parents February 15th. The deadline for returning your completed forms is March 8th. Please endeavor to meet this deadline. If you are not returning, it is equally as important for us to know, to allow us to refer to our waiting list. Thank you to those parents that have already attended to this matter. As always, our current families are our priority but, it is imperative that we know what your intentions are in order for us to plan for the 2019-2020 school year. Just a reminder, should you recommend our school to friends and family and it results in registration, we will deduct $100 tuition from the month of your choice for 2019-2020. If you have any questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
Grade 1-8 Speeches
Grades 1-8 students have researched and prepared speeches for presentation. Following their class presentations, students will be chosen to present to the student body and their parents, on Friday, February 22nd in the Gymnasium at 1:00 p.m. Invitations will be forthcoming. All parents are welcome to attend.
Our French Concert will be held Wednesday, March 6th at 10:00 a.m. in the Gymnasium. For those of you that are new to our schools, this is an annual event highlighting the French and Music programs. Mr. Clement, Mrs. Bingley, Mrs. Montes -Rodriguez and Ms. MacNeil collaborate to present a delightful show involving all of our students. Prepare to be WOWED! Hope to see you there. Coffee, Tea and Water will be available prior to the show to allow you to enjoy it while you are watching the students perform.
The 2018 Tax Receipts will be distributed by February 22nd.
Spring Picture Day and Grade 8 Graduation Photo Day
Edge Imaging will once again be visiting the school to take the “Spring” Pictures and Graduation Photos on Wednesday, April 3rd beginning at 9:00 a.m. A reminder to parents…their uniform is optional for Spring pictures. However, it is a uniform day, so if you choose to have your child’s picture taken in casual clothes, please bring their uniform for them to change into. Sibling pictures are allowed but there will be no re-takes. Thank you.
Please remember to provide your children with appropriate clothing for outdoor activity. ALL students require hats, mittens, snow pants and boots. That includes our students in Grades 4-8. Thank you.
Until next time…